Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

I cannot connect to my blue ray player and net flix. When I

Customer Question

I cannot connect to my blue ray player and net flix. When I click on hdv2 nothing appears on the screen. Before I connected to the internet for netflix I could get the screen that allowed me to play blue ray. However, when I was connected to the internet via cable, I've had difficulty connecting to internet and blue ray. No one seems to know why.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

Hey there, can i get the model # ***** make of the player? I assume netflix is an app on the blue ray player?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is the number above the bar code on the blue ray player. ZYUW1T3D905733. I could not read any of the numbers or letters after the word "model". I don't know if that helps or not. It just says samsung blue ray on the front of the player. I don't know where My papers are that came with the player. That also includes the instructions, too. I remember that there was a coupon for a free month of netflix: however I already had an account with Netflix, so didn't use it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I bought the blue ray in 2013 along with my samsung tv....
Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

Gotcha, yeah nothing comes up with ZYUW1T3D905733. So first off, you should be able to get to the blueray player screen with out any internet connection, so lets toss that part out for now. Please trace the cables from the blueray player to the TV and make sure they are plugged in, as well as the power. With the TV and blueray powered on please click source on the remote and cycle through the options, and you should see the blueray players main screen on of the scources. The "no connection" message is useful, but it will show that on any source that has no input.