Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Network Architect
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP, CNE, Greenbelt. Certified Network Engineer/Architect
23511658

Which of the following makes the PSTN, as compared to IP

Customer Question

Which of the following makes the PSTN, as compared to IP networks, ideal for real-time voice services? (Points : 5)
High availability (i.e., uptime)
Low latency
Low call setup delay
All of the above
Question 2. 2. (TCO 1) The circuit-switched PSTN has _____ limits on the call capacity of each line. (Points : 5)
hard
soft
no
None of the above
Question 3. 3. (TCO 1) A PSTN POTS line can carry _____ call(s). (Points : 5)
1
24
30
thousands of
Question 4. 4. (TCO 2) From a circuit-switched Private Branch Exchange (PBX) to Central Office (CO), multiple conversations are simultaneously carried over a T-1 voice trunk using the _____ technology. (Points : 5)
Pulse Code Modulation (PCM)
Time Division Multiplexing (TDM)
Frequency Division Multiplexing (FDM)
None of the above
Question 5. 5. (TCO 2) Which of the following could be a disadvantage of circuit-switched Private Branch Exchange (PBX), as compared to client-server VoIP systems? (Points : 5)
Very little maintenance.
Call latency is fixed, minimized, and not affected by other calls.
Expansion may be expensive for more and new modules.
Switching and transmission resources are dedicated to each call for its full duration.
6. (TCO 5) Which of the following is not true about VoIP? (Points : 5)
The sending device saves up the constant rate bit stream for a short interval, and then places those bits as the data payload in a packet.
The transport of digital information is over a dedicated channel like a PSTN circuit.
The receiver extracts packet payloads and stitches them together, recreating the bit stream and turning it into sound.
None of the above
7. (TCO 5) Which of the following is not a function of RTCP protocol? (Points : 5)
Syncs the various clock and time stamps of media streams.
Reports octets sent or received, as well as counts of lost packets.
Transmits digitized voice samples of a call.
Monitors and calculates the quality of an RTP connection.
8. (TCO 4) Which of the following audio codecs, in its original form, involves minimum to zero compression? (Points : 5)
G.729A
G.728
G.723.1
G.711
9. (TCO 3) Which of the following devices can be seen in a VoIP system? (Points : 5)
IP phones
SIP servers
Soft phones
All of the above
10. (TCO 4) Which of the following is not a fact about the ITU G.711 codec? (Points : 5)
It’s known as Pulse Code Modulation (PCM).
It samples an analog voice waveform 8,000 times per second.
It has two variations: G.711 A-law and G.711 V-law.
It produces a payload bit rate of 64 Kbps.
11. (TCO 6) Which of the following is a VoIP signaling protocol? (Points : 5)
SIP
H.323
MEGACO
All of the above
12. (TCO 6) The MEdia GAteway COntrol (MEGACO) protocol is also called the _____. (Points : 5)
ITU H.248 standard
IETF SIP standard
ITU G.711 standard
ITU H.323 standard
13. (TCO 6) _____ is not a typical function of an H.323 gatekeeper. (Points : 5)
Billing
Bandwidth usage tracking
Signaling and media content transformation
End point (e.g., an IP phone) registration
14. (TCO 7) The Calling Line Identification (CLID) of the traditional 911 emergency service indicates a physical address without ambiguity when the destination is _____ (Points : 5)
a single-family home.
a large corporation that occupies dozens of floors in a skyscraper, all with the same physical address and general phone number.
a multi-tenant residential building that is poorly managed, with customer names and apartment numbers mixed up and hidden behind a shared demarcation point.
a campus that terminates phone lines in a PBX room, with extensions in many geographically separated buildings.
15. (TCO 7) ITU Recommendation T.38 describes real-time faxing over a (the) _____ by defining gateways and a protocol between them. (Points : 5)
PSTN
packet network
modem
None of the above
16. (TCO 8) Which of the following, from a trunk service perspective, can improve the availability of an enterprise voice system? (Points : 5)
Redundant local loops.
Separate entry points for trunks (or access lines) to enter a building.
Access trunks from two carriers.
All of the above
17. (TCO 8) The _____ information of a phone is sent into the trunk when placing an E911 call. (Points : 5)
Calling Line ID (CLID)
IP address
Dual-tone Multi-frequency (DTMF)
Network Address Translation (NAT)
18. (TCO 9) Calculate the number of Erlangs that is equivalent to 72 CCS
Category: Networking
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Need it within 2 hours.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

hello. My name is***** will help you with your question. I can address one question at a time here for you if you like. The answer to the first question that you asked would be all of the above. For follow-up questions simply click on my profile and asked me a question there and also put my name in the title if you want to make sure gets to me.