Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

I am trying to set up a Heos wireless speaker, with the

Customer Question

I am trying to set up a Heos wireless speaker, with the controller to connect to my Denon AVR receiver.
I downloaded the Heos app to my iPhone and have it connected to the controller.
The set up instructions prompt me to enter the "network password" and I have tried passwords to the router, iPhone network, Apple password ***** others, but none will connect.
Can you tell me what network the controller connects to, so I can enter the correct password?
Thanks.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

I think you are missing an initial step here, the ipad app needs to initially connect to the speaker, but on its own internal network (similar to setting up a chromecast, if you've ever done that) via wifi. From there, you can use the app to tell it how to connect to your home router.