Russell H., Internet and LAN
Experience:  11 years work with Internet/IP, routers, networks, servers
13568747

I have had used Belkin router 4 years with no problem until

Customer Question

Hello
I have had used Belkin router for almost 4 years with no problem until this morning. Now my wife and I can't access the internet on our iPads or iPhones and we are both getting a message on that our password ***** *****
Here is our routers information:
N150 Wireless Router
Model:F9K1001v1
LAN/WLAN XXXXXXXXXXX
WAN XXXXXXXXXXX
Network Name (SSID) belkin.13e
Password XXXXXXXXXXX
Security Type WPA/WPA2
Serial # 201121g1111047
Pincode 85488380 Ver 1010
Could you please let me know how fix this issue?
Jeff Blake
Category: Networking
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The problem might be, simply, that the Belkin router's Reset button has been pressed, and held down for too long, as long as 10 seconds or longer... this can reset *all* the settings and the setup back to factory defaults, erasing any password ***** Passphrase or WEP code you may have put onto the Belkin router and your wireless networking... and thus making the WEP code or Passphrase, as stored in your iDevices, invalid and incapable of logging on.

You would in that case, either have to

A. try to log on to the wireless network using no password, a blank for a password, no characters in the wireless password ***** entered on your iDevice

or

B. go into the Belkin router's admin setup utility, and enter the password (or preferably a new passphrase, since you have revealed it here) again etc., setting up the router once again.

This is admittedly a guess, but it is worth looking into, and is perhaps the simplest explanation for why your two iDevices (iPhone and iPad) suddenly no longer can log on to the Belkin router nor connect through it.