Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

My a 5oo acer tablet will not connect to wifi....it says

Customer Question

my a 5oo acer tablet will not connect to wifi....it says authentication problem.
Charter is my internet service. All other devices in home are connecting.
Category: Networking
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
prefer to get help for tablet via phone (###) ###-####
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
acer a500 tablet will not connect to internet. It says authentication problem when trying to get on wifi.
Charter just checked and all is fine with connections except this one device, my tablet.
Expert:  Viet - Network Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Was it working previously? Or is it a new Acer A500 tablet or new internet/wireless modem/router device?

What is the brand/model of your Internet/wireless modem/router device?

Do you know how to log in your modem/router device?

Do you also have a windows or mac computer?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can check on the modem directly through your computer together with you, so I can adjust the modem's setting in order to make it compatible with the Acer tablet?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
iT WORKED FINE UNTIL ABOUT 5 DAYS AGO. tHE MODEM IS NETGEAR, FROM CHARTER.
iT IS A NEWER MODEM. I HAVE A DELL COMPUTER NEWER, WITH WINDOW 8.1 AND RECENTLY
DOWNLOADED WINDOWS 10 A FREE VERSION. tHAT IS WHEN THE TABLET WOULD NOT
BE AUTHENTICATED AFTER PRESSING SETTINGS ON TABLET
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
CHARTER JUST CHECKED MY CONNECITONS. ALL WAS OK. THEY SAID TO CALL ACER.
I WILL NOT PAY 20.00 TO TALK ON THE PHONE. WHEN I JUST PAID FOR THE MEMBERSHIP.

I do live online support; there is no phone call needed; I can troubleshoot with you here.

So this Acer tablet was working previously fine with this new Netgear modem 5 days ago right?

Do you know how to check / confirm your wifi/wireless password/key?

Do you have a laptop/wireless computer that is currently able to connected via wireless? If so, does it have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, or Mac?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
about password. tablet had me type in netgear password. Still came up with not
authenticating. I have a dell computer desktop which I am using now to type to you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dell computer had 8.1 windows. A message came up to download windows 10 a few days ago. That is
when the tablet problem started.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did download the windows 10 on dells desktop computer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The problem is with the tablet not the desktop computer.

What's the model of your Netgear device?

Do you know how to log in your Netgear router to confirm the password/key/passphrase?

Is any other wireless device currently working, such as a laptop or a smarptphone, etc.?

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no phone. not if it cost $20.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
netgear 63 model wndr3800 password ***** ***** for wifiAll other devices are working and can use the wifi. only the tablet acera500 will not connect

There is a specific model at the back/bottom of your Netgear device. Can I connect through your desktop, so I can check on the netgear router? Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the netgear router is fine. Charter just assessed it before I joined your support group
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please give me a new technician to help. You are not addressing the problelm

I know the router is fine as you told me other wireless devices are working. But I've seen this issue many times before, most of the time, it's just a compatibility setting on the router. Have you tried to disconnect / reconnect power cord from the router for a few minutes, then reconnect? Have you tried to forget the network on the Wi-Fi setting on the tablet, then reconnect? I've been fixing network issues for over a decade. Please let me know; we guarantee our service. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I unplugged the router and waited with charter.

How about forgetting the network on the acer tablet? Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that is why I am trying to get help. for the tablet connection. What do you mean?

On tablet, go to Settings -> Wi-Fi , then tap on your network name, then tap on the Forget option if shown, and confirm, then tap on your network name again and connect, and check. Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no phone. I just paid 36.00 to get help. And it was supposed to be one free question.

I do live online support; there is no phone call needed. I'm not affiliated with Acer; Acer won't help you if the tablet is not under warranty, and their support can be slow; we provide live instant support. I'm an independent tech. I am troubleshooting the issue with you here. Since other devices are working with the router, you seem to think that the issue is definitely with the Asus tablet. However, that is unlikely so, if you test connecting the Asus tablet to another wireless, such as at a friend's house or at a public wifi connection, then it likely connects fine, so the issue is just a compatibility setting on the router. If rebooting the router and forgetting the network on the tablet does not work, then it's just a compatibility issue on the router; I can fix this issue easily for you; I've fixed this same issue many times previously. Please let me know; we guarantee to fix this issue for you.

When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.