A. Stevens
A. Stevens, Network Administrator
Experience:  10+ years of Desktop, Laptop, and Server troubleshooting and support.
71208907

I have a dedicated micros ds2 security system with an ip

Customer Question

i have a dedicated micros ds2 security system with an ip address of 192.168.1.5 and that goes into my asus router rt-ac66u which i have put into the dmz zone as ip 192.168.1.5 and that works fine on my wi-fi. that asus is connected to a tg862 xfinity modem
which was put in bridge mode which disconnected xfinity wi-fi and enabled remote access so i put in 192.168.1.5 in remote address. but i cannot acess my system from internet. the original ip address of modem was 24.13.253.233, which changed to 73.245.166.81
when put in bridge mode. the 24.13.253.233 stayed in remote access site...so can not access by new system ip 73.246.166.81...must be another way to do this????
Category: Networking
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question!

When you mention "the 24.13.253.233 stayed in remote access site" can you let me know what you mean exactly by this?

Also before you put the Xfinity router in to bridge mode (I assume this is before you added the Asus router) you were able to access the system remotely? Do you know if you achieved this by DMZ or using Port Forwarding?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The remote management address (IPv4):24.13.253.233 this number stays the same as the old IP which is 2413 etc but the new ID changes 73.etc
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dm iz in 10.0.0.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
DMZ is in the format of the tg862 router 10.0.0.1
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

I sent the phone call service per your request would you like to proceed with that?

Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

Included with that I can set up a remote screen sharing session as well so that we can work directly on the problem while on the phone

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

Please accept the offer and give me a contact number so that I can give you a call

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Change to ***********
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

Unable to see the phone # ***** the offer is accepted sorry

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can't get through to PayPal to accept a $20 ca I pay with discover card
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

I am unsure of how the billing works, I believe you can use Discover

Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

I can give you the customer service phone # ***** you want to resolve this first and I will be on standby

Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

US/Canada 1.***-***-****

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
calling now
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

OK, no problem

Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

I have to take my break at this time, I will be returning in approx 1 hr, I will reply back ASAP once I see your response