Russell H., Internet and LAN
Experience:  11 years work with Internet/IP, routers, networks, servers
13568747

I bought a Cannon MX472 Wireless printer almost a year ago.

Customer Question

Hi! I bought a Cannon MX472 Wireless printer almost a year ago. When I bought it, my husband hooked it up to our main PC. It was not setup for wireless use. Now I am living alone with a laptop and I cannot get the printer to setup with my internet. I contacted the internet provider and after a long discussion was told the problem was in the printer. I contacted Amazon and they advised to contact you.
I get to the step to push the WPs button on my gateway and it tries to connect but eventually I get a time-out error. Can you help me?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

What is your computer, a Windows PC or an Apple computer?

Which version of Windows (or MAC OS X ) is on it?

(If a Windows PC, what is its System Type? either 32-bit or 64-bit, and found in
Start - Control Panel - System and Security - System .)

Also, let me know (for sure, to make sure I understand the situation rightly) whether you are trying to set it up as a wireless printer, or as a Cloud printer, or... if something else... what. Thanks.