Kamil Anwar, Certified Networking Engineer
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

I need your help please

Customer Question

Hi I need your help please
Category: Networking
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I have a Brother MFC 9840cdw printer. It is connected to the household wifi. However I cannot get my two Apple computers to print from it. I think there are configuration problems and need help urgently in resolving them.
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 1 year ago.

May i connect with you remotely to check/fix/troubleshoot the issue directly? Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would rather you explain how to do resolve the issue through the chat box thanks.My printer is connected to the wifi with the following IP address - 169.254.22.254However my computer has the following IP address - 192.168.1.69As such the computer cannot find the printer - or at least I presume this is this problem.Please can you advise on how I correct this issue. Thanks

I will assist here but i always prefer remote for these type of issues because it's quick and allows the tech to diagnose and fix quicker then the instructions. The 169.* address indicates that the printer is not properly connected to the router. Can you redo the wifi setup? The printer should have the ip address in the range of 192.168.1.x