Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., System Administrator
Experience:  Ten plus years of working experience in the field of computers and networks. Familiar with windows and Linux networking.
50064670

I looking into I P address 63.163.86.124. I would like to

Customer Question

I looking into I P address 63.163.86.124. I would like to know what windows XP or other windows was used 7/9/2006 thru 8/18/2006.
thank you
Category: Networking
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

Can you please give more details of your need ? Are you trying to remotely connect to a computer and check it's operating system ? Please give every details.

Regards

Jins

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm tring to see if someone used this IP address other than myself from a remote computer. I also need to know what type of windows98 or some other windows was used ,to clear my name. I have given you the dates of 07/09/2006 thru 08/18/2006. Again the IP address is 63.163.86.124
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.

I checked your IP address and it seems it is registered with the Internet Service Provider Park Tv & Electronics Inc. Are you using Park TV Cable's Internet ? Is this a static IP address assigned for you ?

Regards

Jins

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I was not using the Service Park TV. It was my home computer. You have not answered my question yet. I weant to know what Windows shows I was using on this IP address.
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.

Let me explain, an IP address is given to the user by Internet Service Provider (ISP). There are two kinds of such IP address Static and Dynamic. A static IP address will never change from the assigned one and no other one can use the same IP. But a dynamic IP address will change after each shutdown of the modem. When modem starts, it automatically acquire an IP address and it will different each time. So a dynamic IP address can be used by different users on different times.

Now regarding your question, there are tools to find the operating system details and computer details which the IP is using and the same is recording to the logs of ISPs. There are tools available for public to find the system details of the IP currently using. But to know the details of a past time we should check the logs of ISP who providing that particular IP address. But no ISPs will allow public to check it. Legal agencies can ask the details from ISP and can check the info, as a common man we can't do it.

I know this is not the answer that you want to hear but unfortunately this is the truth.

Regards

Jins