Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Technician with years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

Cannot scan to file since Win 10 upgrade on Ricoh mfc3003.

Customer Question

cannot scan to file since Win 10 upgrade on Ricoh mfc3003. I'm a network consultant. I need specific information on the Ricoh with Windows 10.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. You may need to update the software here is all the updated drivers and software for windows 10:

http://support.ricoh.com/bb/html/dr_ut_e/re/model/mpc3003/mpc3003en.htm#Microsoft%20Windows%2010%20%28x64%29

If the machine is networked you may also have to start the scan from the computer itself instead as scan source drivers have not been updated yet. If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue. If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating by clicking the stars/smileys - it is greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Freddy, I hope that you read my post and see that I am an IT Tech as well. Of course, I've already updated the drivers and the user is set up in the address book on the scanner. I need someone who is familiar with using a Multifunction Ricoh printer/scanner with networking capabilities. I believe that there are some permissions/security issues that have changed from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I have read the user manual, the user guide, all of the downloadable documents on the Ricoh support site prior to asking for help.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

I did see that and that is why I did not give a walk through of installing the driver as well as why I mentioned they had not fully been updated for 10 and that you may need to start the scan from the computer. Have you tried that yet to see what happens? As for familiarity I am probably one of the most familiar with Ricoh machines on this site. But I will opt out and open this to all experts for you.