Cody
Cody, Senior Systems Administrator
Experience:  Systems Administrator
58973002

I need help resetting my Ricoh C5501 copier and enable it to

Customer Question

I need help resetting my Ricoh C5501 copier and enable it to scan to my NAS drive. I worked when I first installed it and I have changed something so it done not. Please do not respond if you don't have specific with this or suggest things like Hold down
the '#' key when pressing 'Copy SP'., I can read that myself from my service manual and it does not work. I have configured many HP's but they have a better UI than Ricoh for doing things such as resetting the factory defaults. I just wasted a few hours who
didn't have specific Ricoh experience. Thank you.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I may not have all the specific information you are asking for and which you need, I confess, honestly.

But, I thought that I should, on review of your previous case and the three JPG screen images you posted to it... that the

Scanner Features

screen's tabs named

Scan Settings

and probably the

General Settings

need to be gotten right, for network scanning to work.

I need to ask: did you show a screen of Scanner Features, Send Settings tab, because you were trying to configure scan-to-email? that's a different matter from how I understood you before this.

And always, a scan to a folder on a PC requires permission from that PC. Which means, the PC's firewall / network security software must have a port opened, or permissions given to the local IP address of the scanner, before it *will* work.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been in computers since 1972 and could figure this out put don't want to take the time to go through a lot of learning as we go, to do that would talk hours just typing back forth, I need someone that knows a fairly current Ricoh/Lanier copier (similar to the C5501) and its programs. i.e. first I want to do a factory reset, very easy on the HP, not on this. The person I want would know how to do this from memory. If you can first find out how to do a factory refresh quickly then I would work with you as to the IP configuration to enable the scanner to store on the NAS. I an willing to pay the $20.00 for the phone option to speed that part up. For now, via this chat, just how to do the factory reset or I think I need to find someone else with reasonable Ricoh experience. .Thank you
Expert:  Cody replied 1 year ago.

sorry didn't mean to reply here, will opt out.