Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Network Architect
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP, CNE, Greenbelt. Certified Network Engineer/Architect
23511658

I have a used router from my friend. I want to use it to

Customer Question

I have a used router from my friend.
I want to use it to connect to my internet and I need Linksys tech Support.
Please contact me at(###) ###-####
Thanks,Tam
Category: Networking
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

hello. My name is***** have contacted JustAnswer. We are an independent paid support provider.

You should not need a passcode for the router if you reset it. To reset the router, find the small reset button usually in the back – you will need a paperclip or something similar to that to press and hold this button. Press and hold the button for several seconds and then plug the router in to power. When it starts up it should be at all factory default settings. Then, you can go to the IP address of the browser – usually 192.168.1.1 and then perform any configuration that you need to perform. If you're asked for a password ***** a user name after the reset, you should be able to access it by typing in Admin for both or admin for one while leaving the other blank. If not, let me know and I will see if I can find other possible combinations for you.

Have I answered your question or do you need additional information?

I would appreciate a moment of your time to rate my level of service, OK, GOOD, or EXCELLENT at your convenience.