Byron
Byron, PC Support Tech
Experience:  CCNA, A+, MCSE 11 years at a large law firm.
13274453

I just purchased a AC1200 Wi-Fi range extender. In the set

Customer Question

I just purchased a AC1200 Wi-Fi range extender. In the set up, it will not recognize a 2.4 GHz network... Supposed to be dual band... What do I do?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist. There is a small reset hole on the back of the extender just to the right of the 5 LAN ports. With the extender powered on, using a pen or unfolded paper clip, hold down the reset button for 10 seconds to reset the unit. This will reinstall the firmware and should get the extender working as designed. After resetting the device go through the initial setup once again to see if it will detect the 2.4Ghz networks in your immediate area.

By default, the unit should detect both 2.4 and 5Ghz networks right out of the box.

Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.

Hi. I haven't heard back. Were you able to get the extender to see both types of networks?