Viet - Network Tech
Viet - Network Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Great troubleshooting skills with computer and network.
30037186

I can not get my printer (MFC J430w) to connect to my

Customer Question

I can not get my printer (MFC J430w) to connect to my Motorola SBG6580 wireless modem. I bought another printer and same thing. I put in password ***** the printer and it says it is connected. Windows 10 64 bit, was connected with Win 10 but after purchasing new modem it will not work.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Viet - Network Tech replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry about the issue. Is there any error or message?
Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No error messages, actually the printer shows the connection was a success, but when I attempt to download drivers for the printer it can't find the wireless printer. Yes, how do we do that.
Thank you. Please accept the remote support offer, then please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely:
http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=2ceeab60-c3b4-4114-bbbc-21e80b32a129
, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you

Via remote support, I started the reset process. Once it's done, please download / install the printer's driver/software at the website below, then see if it detects the wireless printer during installation:

http://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadend.aspx?c=us&lang=en&prod=mfcj430w_all&os=120&dlid=dlf004735_000&flang=8&type3=11

Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.