Nathan, System Administrator
Experience:  IT systems admin, network installer
59725966

FORGOT MY PASSWORD NETGEAR RANGE EXTENDER.

Customer Question

FORGOT MY PASSWORD ***** MY NETGEAR RANGE EXTENDER.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

There are a few possible ways to get (or change) your password:
1) You can look for a sticker on the back/side of the extender, which indicates the factory default (key/passphrase). Note this only works if the password ***** never changed/customized when the extender was initially configured
2) You can access the configuration menu via a computer that is already connected to the extender, either via wifi or wired ethernet. This lets you view/change the password.
3) you can do a factory reset of the extender , clearing all settings, and allowing that default password ***** function again. Doing this results in having to update the password ***** all devices.

Of these options, I'd suggest #2, but I'll be happy to give more info on any of them. If you can let me know the make/model of the extender, I'll give you the basic steps to access the setup. Or, if you aren't comfortable doing so yourself, I can do it for you remotely.