Richard, Network Specialist
Experience:  20 years consulting in the IT industry with Networking
32989067

My laptop has been sabotaged by someone and put a password

Customer Question

My laptop has been sabotaged by someone and put a password ***** system can not access until correct password ***** I bypass this?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me the make and model of the Laptop and confirm if this is the password ***** sign into windows please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dell Model 15 N5030
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thanks,

Can you confirm if this is the password ***** sign into windows please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My pass word was LIFE1969 and it will not let me in
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thanks

you have two options here which I will list out. As this is security, there is no simple solution, but any of these three options will work, it will just depend on how commfortable you feel doing them.

1)Reinstall the computer. This means you reinstall windows but lose all your data on the computer. It is not ideal, but the easiest way to do this. For this option,

1. Turn on the computer.
  2. As the computer starts, press < F8 > on the keyboard until the Advanced Boot Options menu appears on the screen.

You must press before the Windows logo appears on the screen. If you press after the Windows logo appears on the screen, the Advanced Boot Options menu will not appear on the screen. If you do not see the Advanced Boot Options menu, restart the computer, and then repeat this step until you see the menu on the screen.

3. Press the < Down Arrow > on the keyboard to select Repair Your Computer on the Advanced Boot Optionsmenu, and then press < Enter >.
  4. Specify the language settings that you want, and then click Next.
  5. Log in as a user who has administrative credentials, and then click OK.
  6. Click Dell Factory Image Restore.
  7. In the Dell Factory Image Restore window, click Next.
  8. Click to select the Yes, reformat hard drive and restore system software to factory condition check box.
  9. Click Next.

The computer is restored to the default factory configuration.

10. When the restore operation is completed, click Finish to restart the computer. and set it up again to use it

2) Take it to a computer store, have them take out the hard drive and copy out your data to another disk. Then the reinstall can be done and you wont lose your data. Programs you have to install again.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its not working I guess I will buy new one don't need to spend a lot of money on something that will not work thanks any way and don't charge my charge account since you didn't fix it.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

It will work if this is a dell computer, 100%, I do this many times per day

No need to purchase a new computer

Where did you get stuck on the instructions? On which step?