Richard, Network Specialist
Experience:  20 years consulting in the IT industry with Networking
32989067

I reset my router and now I've lost my WiFi. What do I

Customer Question

I reset my router and now I've lost my WiFi. What do I do?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

We just need to setup your wifi again.

Can you tell me please the make and model of your wifi router and I can give the instructions to you on how to do this.

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's an ActionTec router, not sure of model number because I'm at work.How exactly would you do remote support with no Internet connection? You'd tell me what to do over my cell phone?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

No you connect to it with a network cable and I would then set up wifi for you.