Randy IT Tech
Randy IT Tech, Network Administrator
Experience:  Information Technology Specialist
62741268

I am trying to connect Apple TV time..it does not recognise

Customer Question

I am trying to connect Apple TV for first time..it does not recognise my net gear password ***** wireless connection and now says forget it..
Now it is asking for IP address
Category: Networking
Expert:  Randy IT Tech replied 1 year ago.

First make sure that you have the correct WiFi password.

If you have a Windows computer that is currently connected to the Internet through the wireless router the password ***** ***** that computer.Please follow these steps:

• Click the wireless strength indicator on the Windows taskbar (bottom right corner).
  • Right-click your wireless network name, and then select Properties.
  • Click on the security heading, Select Show characters to display the wireless network password.If you are not able to find or view the password ***** let me know the brand and model of your router/modem,

Then Restart your Apple TV by going to Settings > General > Restart. Next, unplug your router and your cable or DSL modem from power. Then plug them back in.