Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, PC Technician
Experience:  AAS degree, in Computer NETWORKING
63493917

I have a network where the domain controller is a Windows

Customer Question

I have a network where the domain controller is a Windows Server 2003 computer and there are two other machines on it running WS2003. We were using RDC to access those servers and some other machines on the network. Works just fine. Now, I have just added
a Windows Server 2012 machine and want to RDC into it. I purchased 5 RDC licenses from Microsoft. Can't figure how to install them. WS2012 refers to a license server. Where's that? the domain controller?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is Alex.

I did some online searching, and found an article on TECHNET, that may be what you are looking for. Have a look at it.....see if you can follow the steps to get your Remote Desktop Licensing Manager tool 2012 to work.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/askperf/archive/2013/09/20/rd-licensing-configuration-on-windows-server-2012.aspx

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That was some help. Going through the steps, my available screens differed a little from the instructions, possibly because I have Server Essentials and I had told you I have server 2012. Anyway, after going through it, Windows reported that my licenses were installed, but the license manager reported I had 5 licenses installed but that zero had been issued. And when I ran the diagnostic, it said I had to install the server. Curiously, there were two line entries for licenses, because I tried to repeat the process when I got no licenses. BTW, this version of TS was invented by the same people who design IRS tax forms!