Jason Jones, Network Technician
Experience:  Years of experience and education.
30759776

I have the small Kindle. I can't seem to get onto wi-fi. I

Customer Question

I have the small Kindle. I can't seem to get onto wi-fi. I do not know my password.
Category: Networking
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I paid for my answers. I do not want to subscribe to anything!Charlie
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Drew replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** your Windows 7 PC is connected wirelessly, you can find the password ***** it and save money by avoiding a live call. Here are the steps to get your password ***** your Windows 7 PC:

• Start by opening the Control Panel. To get to the control panel, click on the start button.
  • On the right hand side of the menu, find "Control Panel" and click on that.
  • With Control Panel open, click "View network status and tasks".
    http://i47.tinypic.com/256cs44.jpg
  • Next click "Manage Wireless Networks" link on the left.
    http://i45.tinypic.com/2u94iu9.jpg
  • Right click on your wireless network and select "Properties" from the pop up menu.
  • A box should open with two tabs at top. One labeled "Connection" and the other "Security".
  • Click Security
  • In that box, you should see "Network security key". If it's all dots, check the "show characters" box below it.

Be very careful not to change this security key by mistake.

This security key is your wireless password.

Please let me know if this worked for you or if you need further assistance.

Cheers,

Drew

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need further help. The password ***** ***** to me. I found one but it does not work. How do I change my password ***** knowing the current one (that I do not know)?
Expert:  Drew replied 1 year ago.

If you were unable to get the password ***** your Windows 7 PC, and don't know the password ***** your Netgear Router, then the only way you can change it is to reset your Netgear Router to factory defaults and reconfigure it. This is not something I'm comfortable doing remotely as resetting your Netgear router will likely break your Internet connection until it's properly reconfigured.

I will opt out and open this up to other experts that may be comfortable doing this.

Cheers,

Drew

Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.

I will be the person helping you today.

I can see that you may need a little bit of extra help.

May I ask if you still need help with this problem? If so, may I start a screen sharing session on your computer and help you resolve the problem?

Once the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate via a chat window on your computer.

Thank you,
Jason