Mike the Mac Medic
Mike the Mac Medic, Consultant
Experience:  Network consultant for over 20 years.
25267123

Airport utility won't recognize my time machine or airport

Customer Question

airport utility won't recognize my time machine or airport express after switching from comcast to att.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Mike the Mac Medic replied 1 year ago.

Is your ATT a WiFi router?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I suggest you reset the Time Capsule and the set it up again. Same with the Airport Express. Is the Time capsule plugged into the router now? Follow Hard Reset instructions here:

https://administrivia.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/200024109-Resetting-an-AirPort-Base-Station-or-Time-Capsule-FAQ

Once that is reset we can set it up and then reset the Express. I recently switched the other way so I know what to do... are you there?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm here. I've unplugged and replugged the modem from AT&T, did 2 hard resets on both airports and I've got nothing. For some reason the time capsule was recognizable this am, but it automatically tried to reconnect to an old network which is now gone and when I tried to enter the new network info, it was no longer available.

OK do a factory default reset then you have to choose the Airport by choosing the new name under WiFi it will be Apple?????? then you can use Airport Utility to set it up again. This is how you set it up:

http://www.macobserver.com/tmo/answers/how-to-add-a-time-capsule-or-airport-extreme-to-an-existing-network-with-br