Randy IT Tech
Randy IT Tech, Network Administrator
Experience:  Information Technology Specialist
62741268

I have a Comcast router that is too far away smart TV to

Customer Question

I have a Comcast router that is too far away for my smart TV to detect. Also they are separated by 3 cement block walls and 2 interior walls.
Will the Powerline PL1200 allow me to get Netflicks streaming on my TV. They get electrical power from 2 different breaker panels
Category: Networking
Expert:  Randy IT Tech replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** certified computer/networking professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this. .
I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

No, unfortunately that will not work. The PowerLine adapter signal is carried through the wiring and it has to be connected to the same electrical panel. This sounds like you are gonna need to have an ethernet cable installed in order to get that TV connected.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is only 1 power breaker box. From that it feeds a couple sub panels and the router and TV are powered by separate sub panels Both are from the common main breaker box

Okay, great. That will work for you. .