Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Network Architect
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP, CNE, Greenbelt. Certified Network Engineer/Architect
23511658

Just bought a Linksys Ac1200. Tried to access my smart link

Customer Question

Just bought a Linksys Ac1200. Tried to access my smart link account and it won't recognize my password ***** the router I still use the factory settings can U help. Wanda Vockeroth
Category: Networking
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello and Welcome to Just Answer...my name is ***** ***** I can help you with your Router issue.

In order to give you the best advice, I would like to know a bit more information about the matter:

- Is this a new router that you are trying to Set-Up for the first time?

- Is this an existing router that you are you trying to access?

- In specific, what exactly are you trying to do and what for?

I need to know the answers to those questions in order to best guide you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I tried to send a message from my smart phone a couple of hours ago but I don't think it went through. We have been away camping for the weekend and out of cell range. As I stated in my question, we just bought the router so yes, it is new. When we set up the router, we kept the password ***** by the company. Before getting the new router, I had a link from my home computer to our work computer system, so I could work from home. After getting the new router, the link stopped working. I called our computer tech and when he checked the system, he discovered that he needed access to our router, but when we tried to access it, the password ***** work. There was no phone number for LinkSys, and the website directed us to contact your company. What we need from you is a way to get a password ***** allows us to access the router. Can you help us with this?

the default username for the router should be blank and the default password ***** be admin.

If that doesn't work, you can set the router back to defaults, then access it using those credentials. If you do that, you will have to set up the router again because none of the settings are retained.