Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Network Architect
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP, CNE, Greenbelt. Certified Network Engineer/Architect
23511658

I'm trying to view my bunker ll security system through my

Customer Question

I'm trying to view my bunker hill security system through my iPhone but haven't been able to figure it out
Category: Networking
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

hello. My name is***** can help you with your question. The Bunker Hill security systems come in many different models. And those models are various types of security systems. First, it would be very helpful if you could provide the model number of your security system and what type of technology it's using to connect the cameras.you will only be able to connect to the system from your iPhone if the system is connected to your home network. Furthermore, if you wish to access the cameras from outside your home network, your router will need to be configured appropriately to send the correct ports through to the correct devices when external requests are made. First, make sure you can gain access to the security system or to the cameras with your phone connected to your internal Wi-Fi network. This takes the router out of the equation and is a good way to test functionality between the device the network and your mobile device. Once you verified that, then you can ensure the routers are configured for outside access.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I access my security cameras through my wi fi

You need to have the ip address of the camera - then just type that IP address into the address bar in your browser - IE, Chrome, etc.