Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Network Architect
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP, CNE, Greenbelt. Certified Network Engineer/Architect
23511658

Need Apple Corporate to resolve a gnarly issue. Apple

Customer Question

Need Apple Corporate to resolve a gnarly issue.
Apple supposedly supports old fashioned dialup modems, however 2-months of hard work to actually implement this have failed.
Need a good "listener" from corporate to resolve this problem.
Basically it is Apple saying we do not support old fashioned dialup, although all their settings in software say that dialup _is_ supported.
Halp !!!
Category: Networking
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is Michael. I can help you with your question.

We are not Apple Corporate - you have reached JustAnswer - an independent paid support provider. But helping people with this sort of thing is what we do. I'll certainly listen to whatever you have to say. Primarily, I would need to know what you are trying to connect to with the dialup modem (for example is it just a dialup internet connection?) and the version of your Mac OSX operating system.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Michael.1) Am trying to connect to the Internet and my email via
slow dialup with a "Zoom" external modem model series 1063Myself and several "Apple Senior Advisors" have failed to do this in two months time.Apple obviously "supports" this because the Zoom modem is listed as a supported modem in their Network preferences. Long Long Story, doubt if we can resolve itApple tech's in the Sacramento Apple Store are scared to death that if they try to get slow dialup working that Apple Corporate will come down on them like a ton of bricks, so they refuse to work on my MBP.I am left with no alternatives, so I will have to cancel $10,000 worth of Apple hardware purchases that RELY on the slow dialup working. Again, Long Story.2) OS is a fully updated 10.10.5
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Michael, do you need more information from me?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Michael, did we lose our chat session; have not heard from you for a while.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Appears they have you over-worked Michael; not your fault.Please cancel this free trial offer, can't use your service because you are too busy with clients.Have a great day Michael. This is not working out for me, so cancel all services.Jerry -***@******.***

Jerry, do you have another connection to the internet on one of those computers? For remote support?