yourteqrepair
yourteqrepair, Computer Systems Analyst
Experience:  I have earned my 13+ years of knowledge through self-taught repairs, research, studying and plain old trial and error.
71069233

I have Comcast triple play internet phone tv. I had a panel

Customer Question

I have Comcast triple play internet phone tv. I had a panel place in my garage wall that had all cat 5 and coxal tv wires ran there. The phone I guess is in a series. I want to bring me gateway modem into my house for better wifi. At that point inside
I have cat 5 coxal and phone connections. The tech from Comcast ran a new phone wire from the outside to the gateway. It plugs into but there is no output line. The phone is my problem. I understand there was no line there before. Is there a way at the outside
box to connect the internal house line. And just connect a splitter to the phone inside already and to the gateway? One other. My son want to still use his cat 5 connection. If I join his connection at the box to the wire that goes to the new modem location
and connect to gateway he still should have internet.
Category: Networking
Expert:  yourteqrepair replied 1 year ago.

So i your gateway modem in that panel place in your garage? then you ahve cat 5 running to your house that you plug into for internet?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
theres a spliter in the line to to the tv and the other to the gayeway

how many coaxials lines are running into your house from the garage panel?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
6 Comcsat installed an ac booster for the coxal

Depending on signal degeneration you can move you gateway inside to one of the 6 comcast coaxial and it should work. If you have Ethernet in the house from the comcast gateway. Why don't you get a new wireless router and plug it in the ethernet line inside?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought it may cause confusion to devices. I now have 2.4 and 5 gig signals. The 5 seems to fall out from time to time. When working it works the best. Can you help me with how the phone signal gets into the house. How can one phone line be urun from the box outside to the gateway. And gives phone service to the entire house. Without a lines leaving the gateway

do your phones plug into a device or a wall outlet? if device what is the model?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Only the line coming from the outside box plugs into the gateway from Comcast. Is the phone line able to carry one signal and then return a decoded or changed the signal out the box outside the home. Then enter the home circuit?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wall outlet

Could you give me the model numbers on the cable modem. is it possible for you to post a picture of the box in the garage and the coaxial to eithernet device. Comcast telephone is VOIP to analog. So the voice once it leaves the box on the copper wire is analog. It's like the old phone where you can have multiple phones hooked up to one line. If that makes more sense.