Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Network Architect
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP, CNE, Greenbelt. Certified Network Engineer/Architect
23511658

How do I reset encryption on PLA5405 units

Customer Question

Category: Networking
Expert:  Drew replied 1 year ago.

The short answer is that there is a button on the bottom of most of these adapters next to the Ethernet port. Pressing this resets encryption. If you don't have that button, there is a software utility you can use to do it.

Would you please tell me what you are trying to do so I may give you a complete answer? Are you trying to add devices to your network? Something else?

If I understand what you want to do, I will see if I can give you a complete answer with all the steps.

Cheers,

Drew

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Never mind. I have tried that and the various times as instructed in the online manual withou the described results I'll wait till Monday for their tech support.
Expert:  Drew replied 1 year ago.

OK. I wish you the best to get it going.

Cheers,

Drew

Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** just want to check in with you to see if you have been able to reset the encryption or if you still need assistance with your question. If you do need assistance, let me know and I'll be happy to do what I can to help.