cvd4311
cvd4311, CCIE
Experience:  BA in CIT
20109878

I use a VoIP system (Fongo Phone) at home and it worked

Customer Question

I use a VoIP system (Fongo Phone) at home and it worked perfectly the first month, then suddenly I can't receive incoming calls (outcoming calls work great). When I disconnect/reconnect the adapter, I receive incoming calls but only for 3 hours. After 3 hours, incoming calls go directly to voicemail. So I have to reset the adapter (disconnect and reconnect) every 3 hours in order to receive my calls again.
Also, every time I receive a call (not going directly to voicemail), my phone clock change! My router is a Linksy
Category: Networking
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried to change the settings many times in my router panel but nothing works.
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 1 year ago.

Is your VoIP plugged directly into the modem? Try leaving the Ethernet cord in modem then the other end unplug from linksy and plug directly into your VoIP system. Then reset your adapter and restart it. See if that let's it work without resetting every 3 hours.

Keep me posted, but please do not RATE until we are completely finished.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My VoIp is plugged into the Linsky router, not the modem. I will try to plug the Ethernet cord to my VoIp and see what happens, but the thing is I won't be able to use my router.I'll get back to you later with the results.
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 1 year ago.

Great, please keep me posted.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I did what you suggested but it doesn't work.
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 1 year ago.

Please power down everything and reset, with linsky router being hooked up to VoIP system. Make sure you turn off everything including VoIP system and then power on with everything connected. Please keep me posted.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I did that, and still after 3 hours no incoming calls (they are sent to voicemail). Also, during the 3 hours when I can receive calls, the first call always modify the phone clock (always 4 hours added). It's very strange.
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 1 year ago.

okay I am not sure what is going on so I will opt out for another expert to see if they have any more suggestions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Cdv!