Viet - Network Tech
Viet - Network Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Great troubleshooting skills with computer and network.
30037186

I need to restore my computer to an earlier time, probably

Customer Question

I need to restore my computer to an earlier time, probably about 3 months after I purchased it. - (This is when my computer started experiencing problems)
I have the Lenovo X200. How would I go about doing this? - (The answers on the web are pretty much all over the place ? :-D)
Category: Networking
Expert:  Viet - Network Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the issue with your computer?

The computer cannot store all previous restore points (that would require lots of disk space.) Please click on Start -> All programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System Restore, then Next, then check the box Show more restore points at the bottom, and continue.

If you'd like to restore your computer to like new connection, then please let me know the brand/model of your computer.

Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a Lenovo X200.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello?

Thank you. I'm sorry, I am looking for a another solution and writing it, so please wait a few minutes. But first, did you try this step: Click on Start -> All programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System Restore, then Next, then check the box Show more restore points at the bottom, and continue.

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The restore points they show, do not go back far enough.

Sorry about that. Please back up your data, such as documents, pictures, etc. to a USB drive

, then shut down the laptop, then turn it back on, then tapping the blue button at the top quickly and repeatedly until you get the recovery menu

, if that does not work, shut down the laptop, then turn it back on, then tapping the key F11 at the top quickly and repeatedly until you get the recovery menu

Here is the video instruction:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtGdxSILFek