Nathan, System Administrator
Experience:  IT systems admin, network installer
59725966

Need to ensure router has a password as eating GB's like

Customer Question

need to ensure router has a password ***** eating GB's like crazy who do I call / get help from etc***@******.***
Category: Networking
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Holly.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

By default, all routers come password ***** and encrypted, though this can be changed or disabled.

There are a few possible ways to check (or change) your password/status:
1) You can look for a sticker on the back/side of the router, which indicates the factory default (key/passphrase). Note this only works if the password ***** never changed/customized when the router was initially configured
2) You can access the router configuration menu via a computer that is already connected to the router, either via wifi or wired ethernet. This lets you view/change the password.
3) you can do a factory reset of the router, clearing all settings, and allowing that default password ***** function again. Doing this results in having to update the password ***** all devices.

Of these options, I'd suggest #2, but I'll be happy to give more info on any of them. If you can let me know the make/model of the router, I'll give you the basic steps to access the router setup. Or, if you aren't comfortable doing so yourself, I can do it for you remotely.