Byron
Byron, PC Support Tech
Experience:  CCNA, A+, MCSE 11 years at a large law firm.
13274453

What is the name of the UDP protocol that automatically

Customer Question

What is the name of the UDP protocol that automatically provides TCP/IP host configuration information to PCs, and what UDP port numbers does it use?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist. DHCP (dynamic host configuration protocol) is what provides the information to connected PCs.

UDP port number 67 is the destination port of a server, and UDP port number 68 is used by the client.

-

Please let me know if you need more clarification. I will always do my best to answer your question. Your satisfaction is my top goal. If you are not satisfied with the answer I provide, for any reason, please allow me to continue to help you (or recommend you for another expert or refund) rather than giving a negative rating. A positive rating is always appreciated.