Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Network Architect
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP, CNE, Greenbelt. Certified Network Engineer/Architect
23511658

I am a Mac user and have a Brother MFC-7240 printer. It used

Customer Question

I am a Mac user and have a Brother MFC-7240 printer. It used to work great but since changing internet providers I can't connect using my Apple router. It says it is offline.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

When you changed providers, your IP address on your router in your computer probably changed as well. Since this is not a network device, it is usually plugged in directly to the computer. But if you have it configured through the router, you would have to set up again from scratch. If you're only accessing it from one computer, that would be easiest just to plug it into the computer. But if you needed attached to the router for some reason, you will have to run the software set up again from the CD that came with it. This should walk you through the installation ally to connect to it through the airport.