Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Network Architect
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP, CNE, Greenbelt. Certified Network Engineer/Architect
23511658

I'm trying to set up a brand new Brother DS-920DW scanner. I

Customer Question

I'm trying to set up a brand new Brother DS-920DW scanner. I have a surface pro, system 8.1, I can't get the scanner to connect wireless. also, when I press the menu button on the DS-920DW scanner it doesn't show anything on the screen. I have no idea if this is defective or if I'm doing something wrong. the device is on and the battery is charged. Looking for answers, thanks
Category: Networking
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is Michael. I can help you with your question.

The way you set up the scanner is to connect to it first as an access point - as though the scanner were your network. Then from the device that you connect to it from, you go to the IP of the scanner http://10.10.100.1 and then setup the scanner for your actual network.

After doing this, you can connect to your network again and then you will be able to use the scanner.