Andrew
Andrew, Network Architect
Experience:  22 years in IT service, extensive network, server and workstation experience. Mac/Windows/Linux
16647546

I have a Linksys EA6400 unable to get WIFi. Can hook direct

Customer Question

I have a Linksys EA6400 unable to get WIFi. Can hook direct to computer
Category: Networking
Expert:  Andrew replied 1 year ago.

So, if I understand your question, your internet works well when you connect it directly to your computer, but when you try to connect it to your Linksys the wifi is not working properly?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Andrew are you still thinking about problem
Expert:  Andrew replied 1 year ago.

Ok - a few more questions:

1 - If it's new and unconfigured, it probably broadcasts a wifi signal as "linksys" - what wifi networks CAN you see?

2 - When the router is on and connected, which lights are lit and which ones are flickering?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is not new been working before today - Century9411 Wifi . When connected solid green on top , solid green on connection and yellow flashing
Expert:  Andrew replied 1 year ago.

That sounds right for the model. What is the wifi network name you are used to seeing when it is working?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Lakehousegrumpy
Expert:  Andrew replied 1 year ago.

That's a great name.

Have you always seen the "Century9411" network also? I'm asking because I'm wondering if your router didn't reset itself to a factory configuration.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no just when i am hooked direct to computer
Expert:  Andrew replied 1 year ago.

Do you have enough cables to connect your computer to a port on the back of the router and leave the internet line plugged into the router at the same time?