Russell H., Internet and LAN
Experience:  11 years work with Internet/IP, routers, networks, servers
13568747

I have aficio mp 171 I updated to windows 10 and I can't

Customer Question

I have aficio mp 171 I updated to windows 10 and I can't scan the machine tells me that
Dest. authentication failed. How can I fix it.?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Clearly, the setting in the Ricoh machine, for the destination of the scanning operation - i.e. the folder on the computer where the scanned file is to be stored - is no longer authorized or 'authenticated' to receive a file from the Ricoh machine.

You might both

A. check the destination folder setting in the Ricoh machine. Check whether the username-password ***** listed there for that folder (and for that matter, the destination path) is still valid, and check that you can indeed access that username on that machine at that destination with that password.

B. set up the destination settings and authentication settings anew on the Ricoh machine, ideally to a completely new folder for the purpose of receiving scans.

Something about the update to Windows 10 - or perhaps a sheer coincidence that changed at the same time? - has caused something in the Ricoh's settings to no longer work, to no longer be a winner with the destination system.