technicalcat
technicalcat, Consultant
Experience:  20 years combined corporate and small business experience.
65369237

I have a D-Link AC2900 dual-band router. Next I bought a

Customer Question

I have a D-Link AC2900 dual-band router. Next I bought a DCS-5009L Camera. Both installed without a problem on my iPhone 6 Plus and Samsung Gallexy Tab 4. Now I bought a pair of DCS-932L cameras. The first DCS-932L camera installed without a problem, but when I installed the second DCS=932L Camera on the router, it's green light came on but neither the iPhone nor the Samsung tablet see the second DCS-932L camera. How different do I install the second DCS-932L camera so these two devices recognize it as they only display the first of the pair of DCS-932L Cameras??? Jere Sahm, San Antonio, TX
Category: Networking
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
You need to set the second camera on a different port then the first camera, and then add a rule on your router for the port on the second camera, like you did when you added the first camera.
Then on your phones, add the second camera using this new port eg: Port 81 and it will then view it.
The problem is you have them both on the same port number hence why you are getting this issue.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't remember assigning or seeing "Ports" anywhere in the instructions. Therefore I have no idea what software to use - is it on the iPhone or Samsung tablet softwhare or somewhere else?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I didn't add a rule anywhere when I installed either the DCS-5009L or the first of the two DCS-932L cameras.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
On all devices, when you are setting up the camera, you set the port.
When you make the port forward rule you set it there and when you add the camera in your app you will also see it there as well.
Can you setup the camera again as then you will see it again.
If you did not add a rule then it means you cannot access the camera from outside your wifi network.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
At no time does the software indicate that the second DCS-932L duplicate a device of the same model is a duplicate of a device of the same model already installed, so provide a new "port" for the new device being installed. Therefore, I do not have an answer that fixes the problem.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I am not clear on your response.
Basically there are two things that separate the devices, a port number that they run on and their IP address.
Tell me the settings you have for the second camera.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Problem is NOT solved.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No problem, I will opt out then
You do not need to do anything, another expert will notify you when they take over.
Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
At no time does it show anything about the second DCS-032L duplicating a previously installed camera, so I should not as yet be charged for a solution to the problem.
Expert:  technicalcat replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service.

Have you tried unplugging the problem camera, and swapping it with one of the working cameras, to make sure that camera is OK? If not, please do this test, and let me know the results.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I updated the firmware in the second 932l (it had never been updated since built), reloaded dlink on all devices and all problems disappeared and everything runs correctly. Hence, I guess I solved my problems. I lucked out I guess.