Nathan, System Administrator
Experience:  IT systems admin, network installer
59725966

I have an 55lb6300 set which came with multiple options, one

Customer Question

I have an 55lb6300 set which came with multiple options, one of which is netflix.
There is a message, network is unstable.
What do I do to correct this situation?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Do you have the same issue with any other apps, such as youtube, pandora, etc?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
same response on all settings
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** is the tv connected? Wifi or ethernet?

How far is it from the router?
What type of internet connection do you have at home?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
tv is fine
tv and internet connectitonns were check recently by local provider and all was good.
Router is in different room but all wireless connections to devices does not seem to be an issue
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Well this problem/error only comes up when the internet speed is insufficient or when there is a wifi signal reliability issue.

Can you please go to speedtest.net on your computer and click on Begin Test, then let me know the ping, down, and up results that you get.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
8.27
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
down: 8/27
upload: 10.47
ping IPv4: 12ms
pint IPv6: 11ms
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Okay, those speeds are a bit on the low end, but should still be sufficient for some basic streaming.

This means the problem is with getting a strong enough signal from your router to the tv.
That can be the case even if other devices (laptop, tablet, phone, etc) are all working just fine on wifi. The wifi adapters inside these tvs are very small and underpowered, they are also heavily shielded by the metal casing of the tv, so their ability to pick up a good signal is poor to begin with.

Your best option here would be to move the router closer, or run a cord, such that the tv could be plugged directly into the router via a wired ethernet cable.

I realize that is not always practical though, so a next best solution is to use an external device to create a wired equivalent, such as using a powerline ethernet adapter or wifi bridge.

Example: http://amzn.to/1MKt6Od

Just plug one into the router, other to the tv, and your connection should be sufficient to use all the apps, including netflix, on the tv.

Best regards,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the netflix has worked in the past without any booster being needed.
Why would this problem just start?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

There are several possible issues. There could be outside interference from other electronic devices, the router itself may be starting to degrade, or the wifi adapter inside the tv is starting to fail. Both are normal and happen just with regular use and age.

If you want to test this to confirm, you can plug the tv directly into the router with a cord (even if you have to temporarily move the tv, or buy a very long cord), and you'll see the tv will work fine that way.