IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

Help! ?I have mysteriously lost my internet connection on

Customer Question

Help! ?I have mysteriously lost my internet connection on desktop but still available through Win8? Why not fully connected?
Thank you for assistance.
jassysassy2
Category: Networking
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

What is the Windows version installed on the affected computer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As indicated WIN 8
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
The original problem description states that you have two computers - one can access the Internet and the other cannot.
Is that correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for misunderstanding in my statement. I have 1 computer that has stopped internet connection when on desktop. however, functions when I am in WINDOWS 8. Very confused - what has caused this problem?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
it is quite strange.
When you are on desktop, do you only have Internet Explorer web browser installed, or you have another web browser installed such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
IE only....
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
OK.
You can reset Internet Explorer settings to their default which should help solve the problem. To do that, follow these instructions:
1. While you are in Internet Explorer (desktop), click on the Tools icon located in the upper right corner, next to the star icon, or you can press Alt+X keys simultaneously instead
2. A new menu will appear and once it does, click on Internet options
3. When the Internet Options window opens, click on the last tab - Advanced
4. There click on the Reset... button located at the bottom
5. After you have clicked it, click the new Reset button located at the bottom, without checking the Delete personal settings check-box
6. After that, Internet Explorer settings will reset to their defaults. Click Close and exit Internet Explorer
7. Wait for 5 seconds and then re-start Internet Explorer and check it that helped. In case it says you need to restart the computer to apply the changes, do that
Let me know the results.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hello again!
Do you still require assistance with this issue?
Let me know,
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Were you able to read my messages sent to you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your assistance. Yes did follow your instructions. Unfortunately to no avail. Still - do not have full internet service. Oh well, You can appreciate my donation.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Hello again!

It looks like there is a problem with Internet Explorer. Since resetting its settings didn't help, you can install a new web browser. The Internet access should work there.

I suggest installing Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. Both are free and easy to use.

Mozilla Firefox link:

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new

Google Chrome link:

http://www.google.com/chrome

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Hello again!

I am following up with you to check if installing another web browser worked.

Let me know,

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Hello!