Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Network Architect
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP, CNE, Greenbelt. Certified Network Engineer/Architect
23511658

I have a HP colour laser jet cm2320 fxi MFP installed on a

Customer Question

I have a HP colour laser jet cm2320 fxi MFP installed on a server with server essentials 2012 r2. It started going funny yesterday. I have cold reset the printer. Uninstalled the printers & print drivers etc and it still isn't working. I have tried installaing the drivers and when you print something the screen on it just says printing but never does! Finally a message comes up on the print jobs list saying error printing. Have you got any thoughts?? Thanks.
Amos **********
Category: Networking
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Remote Tech Support. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question.

I'm assuming that you have the printer connected through the network port is that correct?

If so, what I would suggest doing is adding it as a regular IP printer which, as long as you have the IP address for the printer, should recognize the printer without a problem, even if discovery protocols are not finding it properly. To add a printer as an IP printer, just go into the printers the way you would normally add it and, and then for the port create a port and put in the IP address. If you do this and assuming the server and the printer on the same subnet there is nothing that can interfere with its operations so if you've done this and it's still not working, then there is very likely a problem with the printer itself.