Cpolarek
Cpolarek, Network Administrator
Experience:  10 years IT Management Experience running 3 companies 4 years level 3 helpdesk/PC support
30863715

I have a canon pix a mx450 printer. It is 2 1/2 years old.

Customer Question

I have a canon pix a mx450 printer. It is 2 1/2 years old. The only way I can make it print is if I go to the setup guide & connect the LAN settings. Then it will print for one to two hours & the next time I want to print I need to connect the lan setting again. Computer repair business tells me I need a new printer. I'm not sure I do if I can make it print. I need help. By the way, I'm printing from my iPad.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Cpolarek replied 1 year ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to talk to you about your issue. The mx450 printer has issues with the network board. It's losing its settings which is why you need to reconnect again. Wish there was a different solution but unfortunately this is a pretty common issue with the canons. I'd be more than happy to give advice on a replacement or let you know if a replacement you pick out is a good choice. Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could my problem be a compnnection problem with our internet provider.
Expert:  Cpolarek replied 1 year ago.
No. Printer traffic is local. The connectivity to your provider would only effect internet items