Nathan, System Administrator
Experience:  IT systems admin, network installer
59725966

I have a new WiFi router. My Kindle will connect to it but

Customer Question

I have a new WiFi router. My Kindle will connect to it but not to the internet. I have tried to reboot the router and the kindle but will no success. I hit the WPS button on the router with no success. I cannot find a WPS button for the kindle. My kindle is a Kindle Fire that was purchased several years ago. The system version is 7.5.1_user_517260. Wi-Fi MAC address : FO-4F-7C-61-41-DA. Thank you for any help you can give.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

The kindle doesn't work with wps, you'll need to actually enter the full wifi network password. Do you know what that is, or do you need help finding it?
Can you tell me what reboot process you used for each?