Byron
Byron, PC Support Tech
Experience:  CCNA, A+, MCSE 11 years at a large law firm.
13274453

I have net as my server and I have a router. I need a

Customer Question

I have Hughes net as my server and I have a router. I need a stronger router as I have a steel home and have problems getting a good internet signal. Could you advise please.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist. I recommend keeping your existing router, purchasing a second router (I recommend an Asus router) and using a set of Powerline adapters such as these
http://tinyurl.com/Powerline-At-Staples
to run the internet signal over your electrical wiring to where the second router will be located. That way you'll have two routers broadcasting your wireless signal which will give you good coverage throughout your house.
I doubt that with steel walls any single router will give you adequate
coverage throughout the home.
-
Please let me know if you need more clarification. I will always do my best to answer your question. Your satisfaction is my top goal. If you are not satisfied with the answer I provide, for any reason, please allow me to continue to help you (or recommend you for another expert or refund) rather than giving a negative rating. A positive rating is always appreciated.