Russell H., Internet and LAN
Experience:  11 years work with Internet/IP, routers, networks, servers
13568747

My computer was restored to how it was when I first received

Customer Question

My computer was restored to how it was when I first received it, now I cannot connect to the wireless connection/network. I am running Windows 7 32bit
Category: Networking
Expert:  Viet - Network Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. How did you restore?

What's the model of your computer?

What is the error or message when connecting the computer to wireless?

What is the model of your Internet/wireless modem/router device?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
I wish to simply suggest (since you requested my attention to this question at a time when I was just offline in order to get some sleep...) that if your computer is now in a state where Windows 7 32-bit is 'as installed', then any problem with your wireless access may simply be owing to the computer needing routing Windows Updates run on it.
Also, check your Security software (as found in the Action Center, or in Windows Security Center, etc., under 'Firewall' and 'AntiVirus')... as to whether it might be blocking wireless access, which needs to be allowed by firewall, if it is curtailed or in a state of 'Firewall Blok All', etc.
So I advise:
1. run Windows Update. Get and install all Critical updates or Priority Updates, and all the Important Updates too.
2. restart the computer, only once all updates are done, with patience for it may take several hours, even... and try wireless access again.
3. if wireless still doesn't work, get back to us as to the details, and you might check your firewall status too, in Action Center, and tell us about that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
F8 restore
Lenovo ThinkCenter A7Oz
wireless connection cannot be enabled and someone else is using the same IP address as mine.
cisco linkseys WRT120N
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

'someone else is using the same IP address as mine'

- Please explain, in more detail. What indication leads to that conclusion?