Randy IT Tech
Randy IT Tech, Network Administrator
Experience:  Information Technology Specialist
62741268

I have a linksys extender home use. I installed but it show

Customer Question

I have a linksys extender for my home use. I installed but it show not secure.When connected, the network is not accessible. How can I make this work. I bought it to build a stronger connection on one side of my home where the signal is weak.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Randy IT Tech replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** certified computer network professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this. .
I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
This sounds like the set up failed. You will need to reset the extender and set up again. Please follow these steps>

Press the Reset button on the back of the device.

Press and hold the range extender's Reset button for eight (8) seconds. Powercycle the device to complete the reset process.

>unplug the range extender from the power outlet and leave it OFF for 30 seconds. Plug the device back in.

Step 1:
Connect your computer to the Ethernet port of your range extender using an Ethernet cable.

Step 2:
Plug your range extender to the power outlet. Make sure the LED lights are stable.

Step 3:
Launch a web browser and enter the default IP address "192.168.1.1" in the Address bar.

NOTE: If your computer has defined a default startup web page on your browser, the dialog box asking for a username and password ***** automatically appear.

Step 4:
You will be prompted with a window asking for a username and password. Leave the User Name blank and enter “admin” in thePassword field and then, click Log In.

Step 5:
Click Wireless > Basic Wireless Settings.

Step 6:
Set the radio button to Manual then enter your router’s Network Name (SSID).

Step 7:
On the Wireless Security section, select the security settings that match your router’s configuration.

QUICK TIP: For optimum Wireless-N performance, it is recommended to use WPA/WPA2 wireless security on your router and range extender.

Step 8:
Unplug the power cables of the router and the range extender for 30 seconds. Plug in the router first. Wait for all the lights to be stable then plug in the range extender.

Your range extender should now be in synchronized with your router.