Mike the Mac Medic
Mike the Mac Medic, Consultant
Experience:  Network consultant for over 20 years.
25267123

I have a PC with Windows 7 64 bit Pro. I 't have a fax modem

Customer Question

I have a PC with Windows 7 64 bit Pro. I don't have a fax modem in the computer and don't want to use a phone line. I would like to use FAX and Scan to send fax via an IP. I have a broadband internet service and would like to use it to connect with a fax server on internet. When I go to create/add an "account" that is not a fax/modem account in F & S it asks me for a network address. How do I use a IP account without a "network" on the internet?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Mike the Mac Medic replied 1 year ago.

I'm not sure what you mean what Fax service is this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a business data based program that has a FAX function within the program. It requires the use on window Fax and Scan application to send to their Fax server which then sends it out to its FAX destination.
Since I don't know what service you are referring to I can only guess it is asking for your network address of your scanner. The IP address. What is the name of the service?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it is not asking for my network address of my scanner. It is asking for the address of my "network server". Since I'm a windows 7 and don't have a network except for the computer's connection to a internet service and internet, I'm needing to find out how to tell Fax and Scan how to connect with the program company's fax server over the internet.

Only they can tell you that address. What is the company?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
MOGO

Sorry that is dental practice software I don'y know anything about that I and see nothing about Faxing there. I'll opt out good luck.

I see no one has helped you yet. I think since that is very particular software for your industry you should really get help from them: "You may reach our Support Department toll-free at(###) ###-#### ***** through Friday, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., CST. Our Technical Support Department answers calls on a first-come first-serve basis."

I don't see anything there that we can refer to that tells me how to help you with faxing:

http://www.mogo.com/support.shtml