Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

My Nexus 5 loses signal. It's not randomly either. In my

Customer Question

My Nexus 5 loses signal. It's not randomly either. In my upper floors in my house it works fine, full signal I can use my data everything is good. As soon as I step outside or leave my house the signal's disappear. People call me and they say that my phone was switched off. I RARELY get any sort of signal outside. I believe this is not a problem with the sim card slot, if it was, why would it work fine in my room then not work at all outside? Please help me as I'm using a really crappy phone at the moment and it looks really bad in public just to answer calls and texts.
Category: Networking
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question! If you've already tried refreshing the software and also changing the SIM, I would have to recommend that the phone's internal antenna is problem faulty...have you had it less then a year? Google/Nexus can replace the unit for you if you let them know you've already tried everything you mentioned

Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

Contact: If you purchased your Nexus 5 on Google Play, contact us with questions about refunds, exchanges, or repairs. Your satisfaction is important to us and we want to help.

If you didn’t purchase your Nexus 5 on Google Play, contact LG at 1-***-***-****. You may be covered by LG’s limited manufacturer's warranty.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the response but I purchased this phone more than a year ago. What would you recommend? Is there any way to get it fixed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not covered by either of the warranties as I have purchased the item for more than a year. Please tell me a way this can be fixed as a broken phone is a real problem for me. I was aware about he warranty before I asked the question so please some other important info would be appropriated.
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

You could try replacing this antenna cable: http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/331389186871?lpid=82&chn=ps

Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

Could also try following this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1-uCIb-t8I

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Haha, thank you but can't believe I just paid £18 for ebay and youtube links. I'll try what you said and I'll get back to you soon. Thanks
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

Sorry I wouldn't be able to directly fix the phone for you but all I can do is offer suggestions on how to possibly fix it...