Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

I have model Aficio MP 2510, Scanning document to sever

Customer Question

I have model Aficio MP 2510, Scanning document to sever feature has failed, Desktop to unit printing ability just failed now..
called Ricoh not able to help.
Any ideas????
Jim
Category: Networking
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. Does it give you an error when you try to print?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I look at the printer from my desktop and it shows "offline" , I verified wired connection is working
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, no error shows on machine that I saw. We had someone come in and update driver/software.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Offline would indicate this machine is networked, is it?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No error, network wiring has been verified as working.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is newtworked with 7 desktops
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Ok offline since this is a network machine means this is a networking issue. I will need to opt out and move this to networking for you.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Should I wait for this?
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question! I read your previous discussing with Freddy. So at this time the copier is verified to be on the network with a valid IP address and on the same network as the desktops? Are you connecting each desktop directly to the copier using IP/host or are you sharing it from a host and then connecting to it?