Mike the Mac Medic
Mike the Mac Medic, Consultant
Experience:  Network consultant for over 20 years.
25267123

My wifi password linksys router will not work to connect

Customer Question

my wifi password ***** my linksys router will not work to connect with my android LG smart phone which requests that I enter the guest password ***** my wifi so I can't even get my emails etc...
Category: Networking
Expert:  Mike the Mac Medic replied 1 year ago.

If it is asking for the Guest password ***** you are connecting to the wrong network name. The guest account will have a different network SSID. What do you see listed as far as WiFi Networks to connect to.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know that the password ***** am using is correct. T-Mobile my carrier said I needed to put in the guest password ***** connect to my phone to go to apps that require that I am on line to receive info. I know the name of my network and am connecting to: YellowLion. t-mobile said I had to connect with the guest password ***** is the same simple123!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also am getting a response on my phone which says I need to enter my google password account action required for***@******.*** and Sign in to Wi-Fi network "YellowLion-guest"

Normally a Guest WiFi network has a different name. So the WiFi network you are connecting to is called YellowLion? Can you connect to that network ok with other devices or computers?

Yes that is exactly what I meant you are connecting to the wrong network you need to connect to YellowLion not YellowLion-guest

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is not working! I tried to contact Linksys.com but they don't have any assistance after 90days.

Are you connecting to YellowLion-guest or YellowLion?

See here:

http://www.androidcentral.com/setting-wifi-network

when you do this you will see two networks one called YellowLion-guest and one called YellowLion...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You didn't tell me how to find another password ***** Yellow Lion _ Guest. So your info is no help. Don't respond; you have not been any help. Winifred Boren

DO NOT USE the GUEST network that is what I am trying to tell you. Whoever told you to do that is WRONG!

We can access your router if I can connect by remote to your computer that can connect to it.