Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

I have a linksys e1500. It seems slow when using Iphones and

Customer Question

I have a linksys e1500 . It seems slow when using Iphones and Ipad. Also have Dell Inspirion 17 5000 series with windows 8.1 OS How can I boost internet downloading speed. Have comcast high speed internet service.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Please go to www.speedtest.net This is a site Comcast co-owns. On the page you can check your upload and download speeds and compare that to the rate you are paying Comcast for. Please let me know the results.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ping - 20ms
download speed - 0.60mbps
upload speed - 12.20 mbps
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I don't know what speeds Comcast is supposed to be giving you but the download numbers are very low.
Resetting the router, if it has never been done since being connected to Comcast's hardware, should allow the router to get the most speed from your modem. There's a reset button on the bottom of the e1500. Hold it down for 10 seconds to reset and then allow a minute or two for the router to fully come up.
Make sure you have your computer connected to the router with a network cable as the reset will change your wireless settings but a computer connected to the router with a network cable should immediately have an internet connection after the reset.