Jason Jones, Network Technician
Experience:  Years of experience and education.
30759776

Installed windows 10 and now this computer is not on my

Customer Question

Installed windows 10 and now this computer is not on my workplace network. Have no internet or access to my other devices.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
The first thing to check would be, whether your WORKGROUP setting has changed.
What networking does your computer normally use, is it WiFi / wireless, or is it a wired network?
Check whether your Ethernet adapter, or your WiFi adapter or Wireless, is shown to be Enabled and/or connected ? by going to ***** - Network and Internet - Network Connections.
Go to
Device Manager
and also check on your network adapter(s) status there, under Network Adapters branch, as to whether they are enabled and working without problems.
If you have an Ethernet or Wired connection, you ought to be connected if the cable is in place and the router is on. But, if you have Wireless, you may need to click on the wireless icon at the lower right (with the graduated bars) in then select the SSID / 'wireless name' of your local WiFi router, and click on Connect, and see if that allows access.
Let me know the details, of what you find out and what happens, in Reply - we may need to communicate back and forth on this matter several times before we get to a solution. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to join my network, work network. Now it says public unidentified network.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Well, that may be a matter of the upgrade having wiped out settings identifying and handling your network. So, you need to tell the system, if prompted, what network it is... your work network, trusted, untrusted, etc.

Where does it say 'Public unidentified network' ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
network and sharing
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Are you connected to that network? or is connection refused?

What security software do you have on your PC, specifically what firewall? your Action Center should tell.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I get to talk to an agent for faster response.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

I cannot call you, so I have Opted Out, and I'm sorry... I cannot continue with this case in any case, it is 11 p.m. in my time zone, and I require sleep.

I'm sorry we didn't make further progress on this. I have Opted Out, opening the case to other Experts in this category. Thanks.

Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.
I am an Information Technology Professional with over 15 years of professional experience. I am the technician assigned to your case today. I look forward to working with you and resolving this problem.
I can see that you may need a little bit of extra help.
May I ask if you still need help with this problem? If so, may I start a screen sharing session on your computer and help you resolve the problem?
Once the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate via a chat window on your computer.
Thank you,
Jason